Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Let me rest my head on your shoulder...


right now runs in my head a good poem of one famous egyptian poet name Faroq Gweda. i guess he even published his poems in english. but anyhow this is the interpretation of the poem resounding in my mind.......

let me lay my head on you shoulder......for relief
for i am as much tired..........as you are
let go my name.....my address....what i was before
my years are suffocated by the silent roads.......
and i came to you.........i don't know why i came
behind that door......... rains follow me........
winter.....so cold... takes my breath away.......
footsteps.......with the colour of the night.....crushes me
i have no dears.......or a home to shelter me from the flood
i came to you....carried by the wind of despair towards faith
so shall i get some rest in your eyes?
or shall i depart with my sorrows.......
and does someone give......... for no price?...for no debt?...for no counting?
let me lay my head on your shoulder..........
for i am as much tired..........as you are
tomorrow we leave as we came.........
we may forget the glimering lights and colours
we may forget the humiliation of prison and the prisoner
we may look back for a time with no title.......
we may forget and we may forget.........
so we have nothing to remeber anymore..........
a tyrant era has taught us.......
that love is a king with no homeland.....
and the kingdomes of love are...ruins and tombs of depriving
and we don't care no more........
if days went long.......
or faded away with the flood....
it's just enough for us........
that we,one day rebelled against....sorrows.
and we lived our entire lives......... few hours
we didn't calculate the price...
we didn't get debted for.........
we didn't scale our emotions.......like all the others.......in how much and how many!!!!!!!!

No comments: